Friday, October 2, 2009

Rubber Stamping on Shipping Tags

I have a box of shipping tags laying around and so I decided they would make a nice tag for a treat bag. I know I have been focusing on different type of "treat bags", but I wanted to give different options for Halloween as it is just around the corner. If you are having a party or a play date, they make a nice little bag for snacks. Put in a party mix, trail mix or some of your favorite candy and let the kids enjoy. Include them and have them make their own tag for an afternoon craft project and then put the tag on their treat bag for a nice surprise.


This is a very easy project. I took a shipping tag like the one shown below and I glued it onto some printed paper and cut around the tag; do the same process to the back side of the tag. My tag is not white, it was more of a cream color so I covered it with the patterned paper as I don't like the color by itself much. I stamped the pig image from our Bigfoot & Pickle Face Creations rubber stamp Farm Collection on the tag. I added a spider and pumpkin to make it look like Halloween. I removed the string and threaded an orange ribbon through the hang hole and used a brad to hold the ribbon together.


I purchased these "Bagettes" at the craft store, where they had a different variety of sizes to choose from. I filled up the bag with goodies, sealed it and added my newly decorated tag.

Here is the finished tag without the treat bag. I used a blender sponge to add the blue and the green ink around my stamped image. I layered the head of the pig on my stamped image to give it some height and added wiggly eyes for fun.

There are endless ideas for decorating these tags, just use your imagination and include your kids when you are doing craft projects as that will add to the fun. Happy stamping and never stop having fun! Thanks for visiting our blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment